Daemen College is Western New York’s premier health sciences educator. And that’s why our physical therapy program prepares students for success in their careers.
– [Narrator] Daemen College is Western New York’s premier health sciences educator.
And that’s why our physical therapy program prepares students for success in their career.
This is Sabrina and Neomi.
They’re PT students here at Daemen.
Sabrina, why did you choose Daemen?
– I really liked the offerings that they have in terms of research, course faculty, and the clinical experience.
– [Narrator] Daemen’s program allows students to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in natural science, with a health science specialization and their Doctor of Physical Therapy in just six years.
Not to mention Daemen provides DPT students their undergraduate scholarship for the first five years of the program where many others only cover the first four.
– The hands-on experience in the program helps a lot.
And I kind of just like the whole mind-body connection.
That’s what got me into PT.
I can’t just treat your knee.
I kind of have to see how you’re doing in life.
– We learned about words that hurt versus words that heal.
And, we have to kind of make sure that we’re building a therapeutic alliance with the patient while also educating them in the most appropriate way possible.
– [Narrator] Students are trained, supported, and advised by faculty who are experts in the field.
All core faculty members teach practice and conduct research in their specialty area.
– Dr. Ross was at the one on-campus event that I came to and he’ll talk about PT forever.
He loves the field.
You can tell he’s very passionate about it.
– [Narrator] For the first three years of the program,
students take Daemen’s core curriculum, which includes major science courses and physical therapy-related courses.
For the last three professional phase years, students are immersed in hands-on physical therapy courses.
– Those students that are our coaches and TAs are in the year above us or two years above us.
So they’ve been through what we’ve been through and it’s just really helpful to have somebody to talk to.
– They definitely base the program around preparing you for the clinical experience.
They’re very focused on good outcomes for the patient.
They’re focused on evidence-based practice.
I would say that sets them apart.
– [Narrator] The job market in physical therapy continues to grow rapidly.
This is a great time to invest in your education and your future.
– I think we have a lot of amazing professors that actually care about us and it’s amazing.
– Yeah, I’ll remember the connections I’ve made, the professors who cared so much about us.
– I’ll always remember my teachers.
– [Narrator] Visit Daemen.edu/PhysicalTherapy today to get started.
(soft upbeat music)